Please join us in this SOGI session for CUPE members. During our session, we will be covering what SOGI inclusive learning environments look like, sound like and feel like. We will also be joined by student leaders from Burnett and Cambie, who will share their experiences of schooling with adults who hear and accept them as LGBTQ2S+ youths. Our session together will:
- explore our own intersectionality and how that plays a role in the way we interact with students and colleagues
- do a self assessment for what we are already doing and what we can do to contribute to inclusive learning environments
- discuss why it’s important to practise gender neutral language with students and colleagues
- answer some questions about how young SOGI can go
- include some resources for further professional development in SOGI
Facilitators for this session are Loreen Thomson, CUPE; Ellen Hsu, RTA; and Destiny Lang, Student Leader – Burnett
May 21st 9-11am – Registration is open now on the portal!