If You Are Injured, Fill Out Form 6

Every injury, no matter how small you may think it is, should be reported. The first thing you should always do is report the injury to your admin and First Aid or Health & Safety rep at your worksite. There is a form that must be completed within 24 hours.

There are two forms that must be completed. One is called a 6a which is the employer’s record of injury. It must be completed but there is ANOTHER form, form 6 which is your record of injury. This also must be completed. Be sure to complete the form 6. It is available here.

Also, if you are injured at work and a meeting is going to be held concerning that injury, and if there is going to be any admin present, a Union rep MUST be in attendance also. If you have been asked to attend such a meeting, do not attend until you have talked to your Shop Steward.